Please know that every situation is unique and before implementing any new solution you should seek advice from the professional team that provides care for the loved one that has Autism.

The information on this page was current at the time of writing, but things change. If you find any information on this page that is out of date, please do let us know by using the contact form.

Every disability insurance policy, and every self−insured health plan of each level of Gov't and School Distric must provide coverage for the treatment of the mental health condition of in the autism spectrum disorder if the treatment is prescribed by a physician and provided by any of the following who are qualified to provide services (Intensive or Not): a psychiatrist; a psychologist; a social worker; a paraprofessional working under the supervision of a psychiatrist, psychologist or social worker; a professional working under the supervision of an outpatient mental health clinic; a speech−language pathologist; or an occupational therapist. The coverage required shall provide at least $50,000 for intensive−level services per insured per year, with a minimum of 30 to 35 hours of care per week for a minimum duration of 4 years, and at least $25,000 for nonintensive−level services per insured per year.

Source: Wis. Stat. §632.895(12m)